How do I register?
This requires five very simple steps.
1) Head over to the 'Create your Netplate' page and enter the name you would like to have on your Netplate and click on the spyglass. We’ll let you know your name is unique.
2) Now you have your name you can customise the look and style of your Netplate (this can be changed at any time) by picking a theme, or background & font colour.
3) Chose to sign up using your personal email address or alternatively use your facebook or google log in details if you want to.
4) You will be asked to create your account log in details and then asked to provide your personal information for your account. You can chose whether to make your information searchable by others by changing the icon on each field to a tick. If you want it to remain out of searches then leave the cross in place.
Click on Create Account
5) Finally, add all of your contact information, online profiles and internet presence (only information you have chosen to share will be made public for others to view). You can even create a link to something else that we haven’t thought about yet.
Don’t worry you can also add, change and remove stuff later.
How do I change my Netplate’s theme?
Once you are registered you can change the appearance of your Netplate whenever you want and as many times as you like.
Log in to your account from the ‘Login’ screen, you will then see your account page. Click on the Edit My netplate link just underneath the My Account button at the top of the page and you will allowing you to make changes to the appearance of your Plate just as you first saw upon registering.
How do I add social links to my Netplate page?
On your account’s homepage, you will see a section entitled ‘My Links’. This is where each of your networking presences will appear to the people you give your Netplate to. The most popular ones are already listed for you. To add one of these links to your NetPlate, press the ‘Connect’ button next to your desired link. You will be taken to the respective network’s login page. Completing your login will then link it to your NetPlate page. If you click on a link that you are already connected to then this link will be disabled.
Also note that there is a link to allow you to set the visibility of each of your links so that you can chose how widely you share your information.
To add a link to a network that is not already listed, go further down the page and Add a Custom Link. Give your link a name and enter the address for the link. Make sure that you have reviewed the Share Publicly box before finally clicking on Add Link.
How do I make connections with people?
To begin connecting with other NetPlate users, click on the Search for Members button and begin by typing a name in the search bar at the top of the page. After clicking ‘search’ or pressing your Return key, you will be shown a list of NetPlate users that match your search criteria. You can try name, email address or mobile phone number if the person you are looking for has chosen to make it available to search.
Click the Netplate that you want to connect to and then request a connection. Once your request has been accepted, the user will appear in the ‘My Connections’ area of your personal homepage.
How to group your connections for easy management
All of the connections you make available can be viewed and managed from the Account Connections page. You have the ability to restrict visibility of those links to various groups which are under your control.
You will need to assign a group to each link by following the Restricted Visibility link and ticking each category that can see that link. Make sure you save any changes.
You can add as many groups as you need to be able to manage the visibility of your connections.
Once these groups are set up how you want them you can then add your Netplate contacts in to the groups via the Manage Connections facility on the My Account page.